The words of Matthew 6:9-13 are familiar to most Christians as the The Lord’s Prayer. In fact, many of us have these rich words memorized, and recite them in church or as a family without really understanding what we’re praying or what they have to do with the messiness of motherhood. If you happen to be among the small percentage of people who haven’t heard this, or read it for yourself, here it is (I’m going to write it out in the King James Version. I memorized it that way when I was a youngster attending Vacation Bible School one summer, and it just feels right coming out that way, but you can study it, or look it up, in any version that suits you):
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
So, there it is. If you’ve ever said, “I don’t know what to pray,” this is your answer. Jesus specifically said, “pray like this,” but what does this beloved passage of scripture really mean? When we say it, often mindlessly, together in church, what are we actually saying? And how does it apply to the everyday mom’s experience of life? How can it help us be moms who bring glory to God?
The answer? In every way.
In our never-before shared message, entitled The Lord’s Prayer for Busy Moms: Discovering the Deeper Meaning Behind the Way Jesus Taught Us to Pray, Erin and I will dive deep into what these words of Jesus actually mean for you, mom, and how they can be a difference-maker in your day-to-day life.
You’re invited to join us for this special teaching as a part of the 2021 Homemaking Ministry’s Finding Joy in the Lord online conference!
There are literally conference topics for everyone in this online event, and you get LIFETIME access to them when you sign up for the conference! What does that mean? You can use this conference as a reference library of sorts. As you take a look at what’s being offered, don’t be overwhelmed. Just scan for the topics that meet you in THIS season of life, and make a mental note that you can come back any time to benefit from the other teachings when you need them!
Register Now – Here’s what you get:
- All conference sessions, including ours, will be LIVE January 11-14th
- Access to all recordings so you can view anytime after the live event as well
- A printable conference notebook to put your new plans into immediate action!
- Other fun bonuses & surprises along the way!
BONUS JUST FROM MILLION PRAYING MOMS!
When you purchase your ticket to Homemaking Ministry’s Finding Joy in the Lord online conference you will automatically receive a coupon code from us for the PDF version of our beautiful blank prayer journal, My Book of Prayers.
This beautiful blank prayer journal was designed as a place for women to record their private prayers, inspiring them to create a rhythm of prayer and writing that provides a way to know and trust God more.
At the top of each daily page, there’s a space to record a meaningful Bible verse, as well as an opportunity to record the date. We’ve created basic guidelines over 200 daily pages to help guide and direct, but there are no rules for this journal. Use it in whatever way inspires you most!
Yours FREE (in digital format) when you purchase your ticket to the Finding Joy conference!
All you need to do is:
- Purchase your ticket (Early Bird pricing runs out November 16, so act now and save $20).
- Forward the email you receive as an invoice or welcome to the conference to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words, “I PURCHASED MY TICKET!” (in all caps) in the subject line (this part is very important. If you don’t do this you won’t get the coupon code. Please make sure the ONLY words in the subject line are “I PURCHASED MY TICKET”) to email@example.com. You will automatically receive an email response with your coupon code inside!
- Visit www.christianmomshop.com and apply your coupon code at checkout.
And we’ll see you in January for the conference!