The following 25 scriptures are tools for helping you put your faith into practice. What you feel isn’t always the truth, so use these verses as a starting point to speak truth to your heart when your surroundings are sending a different message!
1. WHEN YOU FEEL SCARED, CHOOSE TO BELIEVE HE’S IN CONTROL
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
2. WHEN YOU FEEL WEARY, CHOOSE TO BELIEVE HE’S GOOD
For the LORD is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations. Psalm 100:5
3. WHEN YOU FEEL ALONE, CHOOSE TO BELIEVE HE’LL NEVER LEAVE YOU
It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. Deuteronomy 31:8
4. WHEN YOU FEEL UNSEEN, CHOOSE TO BELIEVE HE KNOWS YOUR NEEDS
Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the LORD, who had spoken to her. She said, “You are the God who sees me.” She also said, “Have I truly seen the One who sees me?” Genesis 16:13 NLT
5. WHEN YOU FEEL UNHEARD, CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THAT HE’S LISTENING
Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath! Psalm 116:2 NLT
6. WHEN YOU FEEL HOPELESS, CHOOSE TO BE CONFIDENT IN GOD’S ABILITY TO WIN THE DAY
Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident. Psalm 27:3
7. WHEN YOU FEEL DEPRESSED, LOOK FOR WAYS GOD LOVES YOU. REMEMBER THAT EACH DAY BRINGS A NEW DISPLAY OF HIS MERCIES.
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23
8. WHEN YOU FEEL WORTHLESS, CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE OF GREAT WORTH TO GOD
Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings… Psalm 17:8
9. WHEN YOU FEEL UNLOVED, CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THAT GOD’S LOVE FOR YOU NEVER GOES AWAY
I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you. Jeremiah 31:3
10. WHEN YOU FEEL MISUNDERSTOOD, CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THAT JESUS UNDERSTANDS EXACTLY WHAT YOU’RE GOING THROUGH
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Hebrews 4:15
11. WHEN YOU FEEL ABUSED, CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THAT GOD IS ON YOUR SIDE*
The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent. Exodus 14:14
12. WHEN YOU FEEL BROKENHEARTED, CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THAT GOD HAS THE POWER AND DESIRE TO HEAL
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3
13. WHEN YOU FEEL DESPERATE, CHOOSE TO REMEMBER WHERE YOUR STRENGTH COMES FROM
GOD, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer’s; he makes me tread on my high places. Habakkuk 3:19
14. WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE, CHOOSE TO REMEMBER ALL THE THINGS GOD HAS DONE FOR YOU IN THE PAST, AND BELIEVE HE WILL DO THEM AGAIN
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalm 27:13 NKJV
15. WHEN YOU FEEL LOST, CHOOSE TO TURN YOUR EYES BACK TO JESUS AND HIS WORD
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:6
16. WHEN YOU FEEL CRUSHED IN SPIRIT, CHOOSE TO BELIEVE GOD IS CLOSE BY
The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18
17. WHEN YOU FEEL OVERWHELMED, CHOOSE TO SPEND TIME IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD, REMEMBERING ALL HE HAS PROMISED YOU
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
18. WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE YOU’RE LOSING YOUR MIND, CHOOSE TO CALL OUT TO THE LORD FOR HELP
But you, O LORD, do not be far off! O you my help, come quickly to my aid! Psalm 22:19
19. WHEN YOU FEEL HURT, CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THE LORD IS THERE TO HELP AND SHIELD YOU
We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you. Psalm 33:20-22
20. WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE GIVING UP, REMIND YOURSELF OF HOW TO TAKE ONE MORE STEP
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. Ephesians 6:10-11
21. WHEN YOU FEEL CONFUSED, CHOOSE TO BELIEVE GOD HAS A PLAN
For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. 1 Corinthians 14:33
22. WHEN YOU FEEL LOST, REMEMBER THAT JESUS LEFT EVERYTHING TO COME FIND YOU
What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go in search of the one that went astray? Matthew 18:12
23. WHEN YOU FEEL ATTACKED, CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THAT GOD IS ALL YOU NEED, HIS APPROVAL YOUR ONLY GOAL
I cry to you, O LORD; I say, “You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living. Psalm 142:5
24. WHEN YOU FEEL NOTHING, CHOOSE TO PRAISE ANYWAY, BELIEVING THAT YOUR EMOTIONS WILL FOLLOW
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Philippians 4:4
25. WHEN YOU FEEL ANGRY, CHOOSE TO REMEMBER WHERE YOUR HOPE COMES FROM
I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called–his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance. Ephesians 1:18 NLT
*On the topic of abuse, my choice of scripture is not an attempt to get you to stay in an abusive situation or be quiet if you see someone else being abused. Rather, it is simply to reinforce the truth that God is fighting for you every step of the way. You can trust that as you step out in faith, remove yourself from harm’s way, and seek help.
Are you the mom of one (or more) of “THOSE” boys?
The ones who are 250% boy, full of energy, act before they think, are misunderstood by those around them, and basically leave you full on ragged at the end of the day?
I get it. I’m raising two of them myself.
Years ago, when my boys were very young, I felt God tell me that they needed someone to fight for them, and that He had chosen that person to be me. After spending years learning how (and really, I’m still learning), I created the Fight Like a Boymom Program, a roadmap to raising hard-to-handle boys. Inside, you’ll learn to fight FOR your sons instead of AGAINST them and change the entire tone of your parenting.
We see you mom, juggling all the things in the midst of a global pandemic. You’re trying to take care of the kids, your job, the house, the groceries, and everything else your family needs. It’s not easy. In fact, it’s downright hard.
Unprecedented times call for unprecedented parenting.
Learn the proper care and handling of a hard to handle boy when join Fight Like a Boymom right away! We’re offering a 40% off emergency sale on this exclusive program that has helped thousands of moms just like you! Act now!