Everyday Prayers for the School Year
Moms know all too well that God doesn’t promise an easy road for us—or our kids. As much as we’d love to protect them from heartaches, it just isn’t possible. This is especially true during the school year, when they are introduced to new teachers, new classmates, new concepts, and maybe even a new school that seems big and frightening.
Jesus tells us, “In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33). With this reassurance, we try to reassure our children that no matter what, God is there and He’s on their side. And we pray.
In Everyday Prayers for the School Year, author Tara L. Cole offers devotional readings and opportunities for mothers to pray for many issues concerning their children, such as:
- Are they making godly friends?
- Are their teachers kind and caring?
- Can they make wise choices in bad situations?
- Will they commit to studying?
- Are they being targeted by bullies?
- If they are unprepared for a test, will they trust God or cheat?
No matter what our kids are facing during the school year, we can’t go wrong when we pray and teach them to pray too.